About this Professional Certificate
Data science is one of the hottest professions of the decade, and the demand for data scientists who can analyze data and communicate results to inform data-driven decisions has never been greater. This Professional Certificate from IBM will help anyone interested in pursuing a career in data science or machine learning develop career-relevant skills and experience.
It’s a myth that to become a data scientist you need a Ph.D. Anyone with a passion for learning can take this Professional Certificate – no prior knowledge of computer science or programming languages required – and develop the skills, tools, and portfolio to have a competitive edge in the job market as an entry level data scientist.
The program consists of 9 online courses that will provide you with the latest job-ready tools and skills, including open-source tools and libraries, Python, databases, SQL, data visualization, data analysis, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and machine learning algorithms. You’ll learn data science through hands-on practice in the IBM Cloud using real data science tools and real-world data sets.
Upon successfully completing these courses, you will have built a portfolio of data science projects to provide you with the confidence to plunge into an exciting profession in data science.
In addition to earning a Professional Certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital Badge from IBM recognizing your proficiency in data science.
Data science continues to evolve and grow, and whether a learner is looking to break into the field or brush up on skills, Coursera has courses for every level. Here is the list of the top 10 data science courses to help you find the right content for your goals.
Top 10 Data Science Courses
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- Python for Everybody from the University of Michigan
- Machine Learning from Stanford University
- Learn SQL Basics for Data Science from UC Davis
- Deep Learning from DeepLearning.AI
- DeepLearning.AI TensorFlow Developer Professional Certificate
- Natural Language Processing from DeepLearning.AI
- Data Visualization with Tableau from UC Davis
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) from DeepLearning.AI