About Smart Home
Father’s Day Sale Smarthome – Popular Brands we Carry-
Father’s Day gift examples at Smarthome.com – Video door phone kits, outdoor security lights, and cameras are great additions for the outside of homes. These simple additions can really improve the safety and security of homes and of course families.
So many choices on Irrigation kits and timers from top brands like Orbit, Melnor, Claber, Scotts Gro, and Skydrop. Find the one with the features that suit your needs best.
Happy Father’s Day gift ideas at Smarthome.com!
- Google Home
- Amazon Echo
Smarthome is one of the world’s largest home automation retailers, becoming an easy-to-use source for thousands of affordable lighting, security, and home entertainment products that the average do-it-yourselfer can safely install. Our team of product specialists strives to deliver the newest cutting-edge products at the best possible prices.
A SmartLabs, Inc. company, Smarthome distributes products with award-winning Insteon® technology. Insteon is the gold standard networking technology for the connected home. It is a powerful, wireless home-control networking technology. Lighting control, scene lighting, timers, control & status on smartphones and tablets, leak, door & motion sensing and garage door control are some of the more popular applications. Insteon-compatible products are affordable, easy-to-program devices that communicate over your home’s existing wiring and over radio-frequency signals, a dual-mesh system that significantly increases signal reliability.
Sign up for our weekly email to receive information on new products, tips on buying and installing, and exclusive deals. Have questions? Smarthome’s customer service and trained technical support team is available six days a week to answer questions, to help with purchase decisions, and to aid in installation.
Our Core Values
Smarthome has developed a list of Core Values, standards that every Smarthome employee strives to achieve in order to make your experience and ours as positive and enjoyable as possible:
We deliver a customer experience that earns loyalty and confidence
We respect and support one another by being honest, direct, and professional
We all work to maximize the value of our company
We promote a balanced quality of life for our team members and encourage personal and professional growth
We achieve our goals through teamwork, dedication, and fun
We are a model of creativity, innovation, and quality
Note From The CEO
Dear Smarthome Shopper,
If you’re new to Smarthome.com, welcome. I hope you’ll join the thousands of customers who trust Smarthome to deliver top-quality electronic home improvement and home automation products that can help to make your home a smart home. We’ve built a great team of professionals who are dedicated to serving you.
Smarthome is here for you, and we’d like to keep you involved in our product line decisions. If you hear of something you think we should sell, let us know. We are constantly releasing new products we’ve brought on or designed after hearing our customers’ opinions and suggestions. We always appreciate hearing customer feedback, whether about a specific product you’ve ordered or about your customer service experience.
Thank you for letting Smarthome be your home automation superstore.
Why Don’t You Have These 5 Essential Smart Home Devices?
Maybe you’re a complete beginner when it comes to home automation. If not, it’s easy to overlook the basics of essential smart home devices.
Perhaps, on the other hand, your pretty tech-savvy and already enjoying the benefits of a connected home.
Either way, it’s easy to get lost in a sea of smart home devices and find analysis paralysis sets in.
Which appliances and devices are any good?
Where should you start?
What’s most important, convenience or security? Or both?
Questions are everywhere, and we’ve got another simple question for you right now.
Why don’t you have these five essential smart home devices?
- Amazon Echo Plus
- Ring Smart Lighting
- Insteon Hub Central Controller
- Ultraloq Smart Lock
- Arlo Go LTE Camera
Insteon Plug-in Dimmer Kit + Hub with Amazon Echo (2nd Gen) – Heather Grey
Add Alexa to Any Room & Voice Control Your Home
Memorial Day Sale Special Offer
Limit 1 Per Customer
Includes 1 Amazon Echo 2nd Generation (Heather Gray Fabric), 1 Insteon Hub, 2 Insteon Plug-in Dimmer Modules
With the Insteon Hub you can also control Insteon devices from a smartphone or tablet.
Ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
This kit also available with Insteon in-wall dimmers (instead of plug-in dimmers) + the Insteon Hub in three colors.
Easy-to-Use Central Controller Configures and Programs Insteon Devices
Extends the capabilities of ISY99i Series
Remotely Accessible from any Standard Web Browser
Built-in Infrared (IR) capability
Does Not Require a PC to Operate
Supports 1,024 Devices/ Scenes and controls up to 1,000 Programs
Apple and Android apps available
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy – Just unlock your door using the Ultraloq App on your smartphone.
- Sense-on – When you reach out your finger to the touch keypad or fingerprint reader, Ultraloq will be activated automatically.
- Anti-peep Touchscreen – 95 user defined 4-8 digit codes.
- Advanced Fingerprint Identification – Identifies you in less than 0.5 second & works well for kids and the elder.
- Solid and Resistant – Zinc Alloy body is IP65 rated and completely waterproof and dustproof.
- Knock to Open – Just knock on your phone, even when it’s in your pocket and you’re in.
- OLED Display – Use touchscreen to simply add or delete user on the device.
- Up to 1 Year Battery Life – Up to 8,000 times access.
- Hidden Backup Key – 3 mechanical keys for backup.
- Also available in Aged Bronze
- Brilliant 1080HD video
- Built-in microphone and speakers
- Live View on-demand video and audio
- Motion-Activated Alerts
- Infrared night vision
- Instant motion-activated alerts
- iOS, Android, Mac and Windows 10 compatible
- Infrared night vision sensors
- Secure flush mount
- Fits standard junction boxes
- Includes 4 interchangeable faceplates
- Certified for Outdoor Usage
- Lifetime purchase protection
Arlo – Ultra Indoor/Outdoor 4K HDR Wi-Fi Wire Free Security Camera (add-on camera)
Monitor activity around your house and deter potential burglars with this Arlo Ultra 4K wire-free security camera add-on. Color night vision provides a clear picture even after dark, and the 180-degree angle ensures a wider viewing area. This Arlo Ultra 4K wire-free security camera add-on features two-way audio, so you can communicate with family members while you’re away from home.
It’s impossible to cover all bases with a duration of just five devices.
So, we’ve tried to combine a couple of old classics with a pioneering new range of smart lighting while also throwing in something you might not have heard of,
Whether you’re a novice or pro, see how these robust intelligent home solutions can improve your life making it both safer and more relaxed.
5 Essential Smart Home Devices for 2019
We’ll dive straight in with something familiar to warm up.
With Echo Plus, though, you’ll get far more than a primary voice assistant vehicle but what makes it so good?
1) Amazon Echo Plus with Integrated Hub
If you’re unsure about digital assistants, smart home hubs and the seemingly endless expense of even starting to automate your home, read on,
Echo Plus addresses these concerns head-on in a single unit.
Most smart speakers have distressingly weak audio, instantly failing to live up to half of their name. Echo Plus in this second iteration boasts uprated drivers, a magnetic 3-inch sub, and Dolby Play for fully immersive audio through 360 degrees. You can also hook up a pair of Echo Plus speakers for authentic stereo sound. Voice-controlled adjustment of equalizer settings completes an impressive audio package.
Most smart devices require a central hub as an intermediary if you want them to play nicely together. One of the key selling points of Echo Plus is the Zigbee hub baked in and allows you to control a broad spread of devices without needing to budget more for a new hub.
The core purpose of a smart speaker for most consumers is the integrated voice assistants that power them. Enjoy all of Alexa’s considerable smarts with Echo Plus from hands-free control of your connected kit to organizing your day, from media streaming to intelligent search.
If you want the ideal sweet spot of affordability, Alexa, thumping audio and that all-important home hub, we really can’t recommend Echo Plus strongly enough.
- Onboard Zigbee hub giving you full control of smart devices without needing a third-party gateway
- Uprated speakers amp up the audio experience
- The new, softened design makes a subtle but striking statement
- Diminutive form factor means Echo Plus blends in rather than dominating
- Reap the full benefit of your favorite digital assistant for hands-free control, entertainment, and convenience
2) Ring Smart Lighting: Extend That Ring of Security
Maybe you see the name Ring and instinctively think of video doorbells or full alarm security kits.
Since Amazon’s $1 billion acquisition, Ring has gone from strength to strength while still retaining its core focus of making your home and your whole neighborhood safer places to be.
Thanks to Ring’s purchase of LED specialist Mr. Beams, there’s some exciting new smart lighting range ready to hit the shelves in just over three weeks, all now available for pre-order.
The Smart Lighting Bridge comes in very keenly priced and forms the foundation of this all-encompassing smart lighting solution. Build in your doorbell and cameras alongside your lighting and get all those Ring products fully interlinked and automated. Alexa capability allows you to embrace voice control, too.
What else is up for grabs once you’ve got that underpinning hub?
- Floodlight Starter Kit (Hardwired)
- Floodlight Starter Kit (Battery-Powered)
If you’re interested in a more robust and infinitely smarter outdoor lighting set-up from a security legend, take your pick and get ready to roll next month. Given the pushed-back release date, these are the only devices on our list you can be excused for not owning right this minute!
Pre-order any time from now.
- The bridge allows you to knit your ecosystem of up to 50 Ring devices together neatly
- Choose from hardwired or wireless lighting so suitable for homeowners and renters alike
- Expand your outdoor lighting from floodlights to accent lighting
- Revamp older landscape lighting with a nifty transformer
- From mood lighting for your outdoor BBQs to weather-resistant floodlights to keep your home protected, benefit from a full Ring of Security
3) Insteon Hub Central Controller: Robust, Dependable Powerhouse
If you’re slightly more smart home savvy, you’ll be well aware of the OG, Insteon.
Unlike many newcomers, Insteon has been in business for approaching two decades, starting life when smart homes were more hopeful predictions than current reality.
The bedrock of the ecosystem is the affordable, agile and all-improved Hub Central Controller.
You can take charge remotely using the responsive Insteon app on your smartphone while the hub also allows you to use your digital assistant of choice. The regular model accommodates both Google Assistant and Alexa while there’s a dedicated HomeKit-enabled hub if you prefer the services of Siri.
But if you’re really looking for a starter kit, check here!
Scheduling and automation with creative scenes are straightforward even if you’re an absolute beginner.
Some added benefits with this tweaked version are improved notifications and alerts along with enhanced security and even better range than ever before.
Insteon is still a stellar presence in the smart home space with just cause. Whether you’re an experienced practitioner or a complete novice, the broad ecosystem offers something for everyone with a premium placed on ease of use.
- Fully enabled for use with both Alexa and Google Assistant
- Control by voice, in-app on a smartphone or using physical controls
- The rebooted model boasts increased range and improved security with absolutely no monthly fees
- Fantastic compatibility with Insteon ecosystem and Nest Learning Thermostat
- Build scenes and schedules for a fully automated home the easy way
4) Ultraloq Smart Lock: Bluetooth, Fingerprint and Touchscreen for Keyless Convenience Any Way You Want
We usually say smart locks are more a question of convenience than security. The Ultraloq Smart Lock manages to hit both these pillars of home automation head-on, though.
There are a couple of common bugbears when you’re looking for a smart lock.
Firstly, this is a crowded vertical with almost too much choice. Which locks are any good? Which ones might let you down?
Maybe you don’t have the time or inclination to wade through scores of samey options.
Beyond that, choosing between methods of opening can leave you confused.
Ultraloq’s hard-hitting 4 access methods without needing to compromise:
- Fingerprint access
- Touchscreen code entry
- Smartphone by knocking or shaking to open
- A regular, old fashioned key
The ability to use a key or code makes this an excellent option for any families where older members are perhaps reluctant to embrace smart tech, or your kids don’t yet have cell phones. The code or key access allows them easy access while you can use what works best for you.
You’ll be able to store up to 95 fingerprints if you choose to enter by that method and this keeps security uppermost and is another solid method of entry for anyone baffled by smartphones or prone to losing keys.
If you live somewhere where you’re concerned about passers-by with ill intent watching you punch in your code, Ultraloq provides a sterling security touch. Simply type in a string of random numbers including your password among them. As long as your system is among the names, you’ll gain access while nobody else can steal your password.
There are no concerns about your lock letting you down in the event of a power outage thanks to Bluetooth LE connectivity. Battery life is an outstanding one year, too.
While we’re never going to shout from the rooftops that any smart device is perfect, Ultraloq Smart Lock is certainly nudging toward that territory. Check one out right now in aged bronze or satin nickel depending on which meshes best with your entryway décor.
- Four ways to unlock your door giving you complete freedom
- Highly advanced fingerprint recognition and anti-peep password functionality ramps up the security a treat
- Enjoy up to 1 year of battery life translating to 8000 door accesses
- Low-energy Bluetooth LE allows your lock to keep working even if the power goes down
- Keypad automatically activates when you extend your hand with a neat, sci-fi flourish
5) Arlo Go LTE Camera: Unique, Mobile Security
We could write a book on smart camera solutions, and the choice is truly staggering. More products join a glutted marketplace regularly so which should you choose?
Well, there’s no right or wrong answer, and today we’ve gone for a stealth option you might not even be aware of.
Go LTE Camera
Arlo’s Go LTE Camera is a remarkable and portable wireless camera that works equally well inside your connected home or outside when you need it.
Rather than depending on WiFi, benefit from Arlo’s LTE network and simple plans giving you robust and reliable coverage wherever you are, home or away.
As with all the best security cameras, you’ll get 2-way audio along with HD-quality video. With free weekly cloud storage and an onboard SD-slot, you’ll never lose your footage even if there’s a power issue. Piercing night vision keeps you connected around the clock.
Completely wire-free, you can shift this camera around. Whether you want to keep an eye on your kids, watch who’s coming toward your house or take the camera away with you on the road, it’s all super-simple with this small device that punches dramatically above its weight.
You can stream live from your cell phone, tablet or computer and the Arlo app is a pleasure to use even if you’re not the most significant tech fan.
If you’re interested in embarking on the smart home security route without the hassle and expense of rewiring or professional monitoring, the Arlo Go LTE is well worth checking out at your earliest convenience.
- Works wirelessly without being reliant on a WiFi connection
- Onboard storage keeps your data safe even if there’s an Internet outage
- Fully weatherproofed allowing for both outdoor and indoor use
- Completely portable security solution with a tiny footprint but vast functionality
- 720p HD quality video footage is more than fit for purpose
With this small but mighty list up your sleeve, there’s no reason not to get started automating and streamlining your home right now.