Caveat: I called the company to inquire about the process and there is, of course, a monthly cost to the homeowner, usually comparable or less than you will no longer pay to the power provider. Once you cover the owner pay costs the solar panels are yours. There is an income requirement, min $40,000 per year and minimum credit score of 640. The monthly cost to you and government credit is determined with a visit and inspection of your property.
With the North Carolina Sign & Shine solar program, not only can you go solar for $0 out of pocket and start saving money on your electric bills, but you also get the added benefit of a battery backup system. What are the benefits of battery backup? 1) Solar panels often generate more electricity than a home can use during certain points of the day. With battery backup, you can store that energy for later use, rather than letting it go to waste. 2) Power companies often raise their rates in the evening, when your solar panels aren’t generating energy. With battery backup, you can avoid some of these peak time charges. 3) When disaster hits and your neighborhood is without power, the battery backup will give you the ability to power your home’s essential electronic devices
Solar Program Benefits
– $0 Out of Pocket
Save money on your electric bills
– American made solar panels
– Battery backup included
– 25-year solar panel warranty
– Complimentary energy efficiency package
– Generate your own clean energy
7 Questions Before You Go Solar
Solar’s promise of free electricity is enticing. The number of people putting solar panels on their roof doubled last year. Consumer Reports highlights 7 important considerations before you sign up.
Solar Panels: Leasing Vs. Buying
Prices of solar panels are falling. But the startup costs can still be daunting. You may be tempted to lease, rather than buy, but Consumer Reports says leasing solar panels is not a bright idea.
This course gives you an introduction to the fundamentals of solar power as it applies to solar panel system installations. You will learn to compare solar energy to other energy resources and explain how solar panels, or photovoltaics (PV for short), convert sunlight to electricity. You will be able to identify the key components needed in a basic photovoltaic (solar panel) system, such as is found on a house or building and explain the function of each component in the system. You will also learn how to calculate the electrical demand of a building, how to reduce the overall demand, and then how to design a solar panel system that can meet that annual demand at a given location. You will also compare the different types of pricing models that are being used and key regulatory considerations for grid-tied systems (where a house or building is connected to the electrical grid and also generates electricity from solar panels). A capstone design project that entails both the simple audit of a building to determine demand, and a selection of components to design a solar panel system to meet that demand.
This course is part of the Solar Power Installation Specialization. It provides a good overview of system components and functions but uses some simplified assumptions. The other two topical courses in this specialization entail a more advanced coverage of site assessment, factors impacting efficiency, and the sizing, design, and integration of photovoltaic systems. The Specialization concludes with a capstone project course of a full site evaluation, photovoltaic system design, and installation plan. The specialization is modeled after an on-campus workshop that has been running on the ESF campus for many years and can serve as an important step for those who are interested in working the solar power field for the certification process to become a Certified PV Installation Professional, or PV Technical Sales through the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
BESTSUN Home and RV 5KW Solar Power System All in ONE Renewable Energy Storage Powerwall 10kwh LiFePo4 Lithium Battery Include 5KW Hybrid Solar Power Inverter (LiFePO4, 10240Wh 5KW Powerwall)
1. This is the latest technology design All in One. 5KW 10240Ah, 3KW 5120Ah, 1KW 2560Ah Powerwall (Include hybrid inverter), this is the whole package. Bestsun’s Superbattery = LiFePo4 Lithium battery + MPPT Solar inverter =All in One. This Powerwall already includes the battery and inverter inside, you just connect with Photovoltaic Solar panel can become a complete solar power system.
2. A home battery designed to store your clean energy, so you can use it anytime you want—at night or during an outage. Powerwall can detect an outage, disconnect from the grid, and automatically restore power to your home in a fraction of a second. You will not even notice that the power went out. Your lights and appliances will continue to run without interruption. If you have solar and Powerwall, then solar energy will continue to power your home and recharge Powerwall.
3. A self-powered home combines solar energy and Powerwall to independently power your home day and night. During the day, solar panels may produce more energy than your home uses. Powerwall stores that excess solar energy and makes it available on-demand, even after the sun has set.
4. Bestsun’s Superbattery is a LiFePo4 Lithium battery for solar and grid energy storage. Also have RS485/RS232 Communication Port, The technology as the same as Tesla Powerwall. This configuration already includes the inverter inside.
5. The advantage of our 5kw Superbattery energy system is that it can expand capacity in parallel. If you need 10KW, just install 2 units will be OK. we also have On and off-grid hybrid bidirectional energy storage, please contact with bestsuninfo Gmail com for details.