Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems.
Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios.
Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
– Describe common UX research methods.
– Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points.
– Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs.
– Develop problem statements to define user needs.
– Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems.
– Conduct competitive audits.
– Identify and account for biases in UX research.
– Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio.
Courses, specializations and certificates for design careers
Coursera is committed to ensuring learners everywhere have access to world-class learning to gain new skills or start a new career. Individuals with design skills are in high demand, and there is a wide range of roles available for those with an education in design. All of the Design courses and Specializations herein are included in Coursera Plus, our annual subscription that provides access to over 3,000 courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, and Guided Projects for just $399/year.
Popular Design Courses
- Graphic Design Specialization from CalArts
- Design and Make Infographics (Project-Centered Course) from Michigan State University
- Graphic Design Elements for Non-Designers Specialization from University of Colorado Boulder
- UI/UX Design Specialization from CalArts
- Interaction Design Specialization from UC San Diego
- User Experience Research and Design Specialization from University of Michigan
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- How Technology is Shaping Democracy and the 2020 Election from Stanford University
Leadership Specializationfrom University of Colorado
- SAS Statistical Business Analyst Professional Certificate from SAS
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- ICPM Certified Supervisor Professional Certificate from Institute of Certified Professional Managers
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants