Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems.
Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios.
Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
– Describe common UX research methods.
– Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points.
– Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs.
– Develop problem statements to define user needs.
– Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems.
– Conduct competitive audits.
– Identify and account for biases in UX research.
– Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio.
Coursera Plus provides access to most of our catalog, including popular Professional Certificates from Google and Meta. The following beginner-level Certificates are popular with learners, prepare learners for an in-demand role, and are worth highlighting as some of the great course options available to learners who subscribe to Coursera Plus:
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
Google UX Design Professional Certificate
Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Google Project Management: Professional Certificate
Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate
Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
Meta Back-End Developer Professional Certificate
Meta Database Engineer Professional Certificate
Meta Android Developer Professional Certificate
Meta iOS Developer Professional Certificate
Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
Meta Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate
Coursera is committed to ensuring learners everywhere have access to world-class learning to gain new skills or start a new career. Individuals with design skills are in high demand, and there is a wide range of roles available for those with an education in design. All of the Design courses and Specializations herein are included in Coursera Plus, our annual subscription that provides access to over 3,000 courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, and Guided Projects for just $399/year.
Popular Design Courses
- Graphic Design Specialization from CalArts
- Design and Make Infographics (Project-Centered Course) from Michigan State University
- Graphic Design Elements for Non-Designers Specialization from University of Colorado Boulder
- UI/UX Design Specialization from CalArts
- Interaction Design Specialization from UC San Diego
- User Experience Research and Design Specialization from the University of Michigan
Coursera is dedicated to offering world-class content that teaches our learners in-demand skills and knowledge. Our new content is exciting and worth sharing, from a timely course about the upcoming U.S. election to a new Specialization on Generative Adversarial Networks. The germ cool team is taking over 30 classes and specializations on Coursera. The best thing about the coursework on Coursera is each course is taught by a qualified instructor or team of instructors. Students can stop a video lecture anytime and reverse or forward to ensure they fully understand the discussed topic. Top universities worldwide offer courses, including but not limited to Yale, Duke, UNC, Berkeley School of music, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, University of Virginia, HEC Paris, and goldsmiths of London, etc.
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- How Technology is Shaping Democracy and the 2020 Election from Stanford University
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- SAS Statistical Business Analyst Professional Certificate from SAS
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- ICPM Certified Supervisor Professional Certificate from the Institute of Certified Professional Managers
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Coursera partners with top universities and companies to make world-class educational content available to our learners. With courses covering everything from machine learning to food and health to women’s health and human rights, Stanford University continues to deliver diverse content from thought leaders and experts. Stanford’s newest course, How Software Ate Finance, dives into fintech businesses and the future of financial services.
New and Popular Courses from Stanford University
How Software Ate Finance
Stanford Introduction to Food and Health
Writing in the Sciences
International Women’s Health and Human Rights
Child Nutrition and Cooking
AI in Healthcare
Probabilistic Graphical Models